Friday, May 22, 2009

Two Hearts Beating Strong


We went for our appointment with the perinatologist yesterday. I admit I was nervous. Again, I did not want to look at the ultrasound screen. However, the technician immediately said, "There are the heartbeats!" And sure enough I looked up and there were our two little peanuts in their own little sacs wiggling their arms and legs. It is amazing how small an embryo is at 9 weeks. They are usually the length of two grains of rice....about the size of a kidney bean. However, their little limbs are forming.Even the eyelids and earlobes have developed.

Anyway, we received a good report but had to sit through a consultation of all the risks a woman my age with twins could encounter. However, the doctor just kept looking at me and saying things like, "Your history is impressive." "You should do really well." And she even said, "If you did this nine times, I know I can do it too !" She was a very young doctor.

So we continue to take each day at a time. Hopefully I will be out of the morning sickness phase soon. My family sure has been very sweet and helpful. I have the kindest husband. He washes the dishes and goes to the store. He even goes out and gets me things I might be craving and he does not complain one bit! He always asks how I am doing and lets me rest whenever I need to. The older children are helping cook, clean, and assisting with the younger children. They are all real troopers and I am so blessed.

So just 3 more weeks and I will be out of the first trimester. Even though I have lost 12 pounds from all the sickness I am already showing a little. I am going to be huge I am sure....but I do not mind a bit!!

3 comments:

kblair said...

I still cannot say just how excited I am for you and John!
Bless you for raising Kingdom warriors!

supplies overflowing! said...

Congratulations!
It didn't seem funny at the time, but I can joke about it now- when I was expecting our twins, my stomach used to turn the corner long before the rest of me did!
They were 7+ and 8+ pounds at birth!
It is very exciting. Keep us posted!

Ange said...

Thank you Karla and Jenny! Jenny, I would love to hear more about your experience carrying twins. This pregnancy is alread so so different than any of my others. I appreciate all your comments!! Ange