Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Great Day, November 8th

Margaret Lindy. We call her Maggie.

Elizabeth Joyce. We call her Lizzie.

On my 45th birthday, I was admitted to the hospital for premature labor. I had gone for a regular check up and was planning to go to one of my favorite restaurants for my birthday dinner. I left the children at 4 p.m. and did not come home until 8 days later. I had a plan for this birth...but God had a different plan. Now that we are on the other side of this experience, I now realize that I would have had it no other way. I have been learning so much through this experience.

Lizzie and Maggie were born on November 8th! What an amazing birthday gift...I am stunned by God's goodness. The girls are premature as they were born at 33 weeks. Lizzie weighed 4 lbs 14 oz. Maggie weighed 5 lbs 6 ozs. I cannot comprehend how so much beauty can be wrapped in such tiny packages.

I have so much to share...so many stories about this season of our life. However, I will need to do it in small increments as not only am I tired,but very busy. Above are two photos taken in their first days of life. Maggie has had a much more difficult time and is still in NICU. Lizzie has been home for 4 days. Maggie is getting stronger by the day.



My time and heart have been divided over the last few days between having babies in two different places. I do not get much time with Maggie.

I try to do Kangaroo care with Maggie as much as possible. This is where you put the baby's bare skin up against your bare skin. Maggie is under my shirt here.

And of course we are so thrilled to have Lizzie home. She is such a quiet little girl...sleeps and eats well!

Well, this is all I can do today! I am exhausted but my heart is brimming over with joy. Check back soon for more details. I have so many testimonies to share! Thanks to all of you who have fervently prayed on behalf of these two sweeties. I so appreciate your kind and encouraging words you have left on my blog! And thank you also to those of you who have sent so many emails to let us know that we have been in your thoughts!!

Love and Blessings!

Ange

8 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hooray for the girls! We need more girl power, and now Ange has done it! They're beautiful Ange, and you have been so blessed. I can't wait to see them in person, and give you a big ole hug! I miss you, but you need to get lots of rest. I'll see you all soon, I hope!
Love,
Meri

Karen said...

Ange,

I am so excited for you! I am thrilled to finally see pictures! They are beautiful!

Praying Maggie comes home very soon! Also praying for you to get well rested and that you can recuperate quickly!

Thinking about often and Praying Much!

Blessings to You and Hugs!
Karen

{Blessed mommy of her own 1/2 dozen} said...

awww..... ange!! baby maggie and baby lizzie are such heaven sent angels! ;)))
they are soo precious....and i loved all the photo's~ the kangaroo care photo with maggie touched my heart SOO...{hugs}
WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY..AND baby maggie to come home to her life long best friend lizzie very soon.{i am sure she has missed her snuggling tiny love...
love and hugs~ to the entire cogburn family! once again you have been BLESSED! {CONGRATULATIONS} ON THE TWINS ARRIVAL!!!! YEAH!!!!
inhimalone~ tausha

Frias said...

Congrats Ange.....God Bless them they are gorgeous. What a great birthday gift the Lord has given you. I'm sure you have your hands full, so I'll be short, enjoy this time, rest and give many thanks to the Lord for your beautiful blessings.

Michelle

~Sandy said...

Congratulations!!!!!

MapleCottage said...

Oh Ange.. Oh I am just beside myself.. they are just precious.. Big Big congratulations and what a perfect gift!! I hope you have both sweeties home soon!

supplies overflowing! said...

Ange- I am almost crying with relief and happiness for you! You have brought back memories of the birth of my twins.
The girls are beautiful- so beautiful. May God bless them, and your family, always.
jenny

September said...

Maggie and Lizzie are just so beautiful! I have been thinking and praying for you Ange. I am sure life is in a tizzy now, but, I can see that you are so blessed!
Congratulations on such beauties!