Friday, January 16, 2009


Do you remember a couple of weeks ago I said that I was going to love more through my writing by being more vulnerable? I just wanted to share with you that God is doing something new in me. Well, it has been there all along, but I did not know it. I am 44 years old and God is birthing something new from my heart. If you study the image above you will see a picture of all that is in my heart. This is my "Heart at Home" image which is the name of my blog.

It is a visual picture of all that is within me. You can click on the image to get a closer look. There are 12 hearts inside of this house. Nine of the hearts are my living children. One of the hearts symbolizes my husband, and the two small hearts in the window represent my two babies in heaven. If you will notice, the top of the house has an opening. I see this as God's door or entrance where He enters and hangs out with us. The house symbolizes my home and my heart. There is seemingly a lot of clutter here. However, it totally symbolizes a full heart. A heart full of color, desires, hopes, dreams, peace, joy, light, and the love of our Lord. I just want to spread it around in some small way. Looking at color and art can bring comfort and healing to a heavy heart.

For some odd reason, I have been pondering lately all the things I loved to do when I was a little girl. It is amazing how creative we all were as children. However, somewhere along the way, the child within us is lost and buried beneath so many things of this world. Now, at 44 years of age, I am telling the little girl in me to "wake up" and I am experiencing freedom in so many aspects of my life as well as discovering hidden treasures that have been veiled.

Let me encourage you today dear friend. There is a child within you who is creative, free and adventurous. God is calling the kid in you to come out and to do all the things you dreamed of when you were little. To desire that very thing does not mean you are selfish. It means that you have some cheer to spread around to hurting hearts.

What did you like to do when you were a kid? I loved to talk out loud to whoever I was pretending would listen. I played school, store, dress up. I would pretend my bike was a car and I would drive it all over town which was really our dirt driveway. I would place a towel over my head and pretend it was my long hair. And I loved to collect anything small and pretty so I could make something new.

So I share with you a Heart at Home. Be blessed and encouraged to explore and find the sleeping child within you. Someone needs the beauty that is slumbering there. Worship the Lord with it all!!!!

No comments: