Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Little Room





What happens when you love to write and you stop for a while? You start feeling stuffed and full and you have to find a way to get it out fast. This is where I am right now. In fact, last week I had thoughts of just canceling my blog. I thought, well no one reads them and they are not making a difference anyway.

Then I sensed the Lord telling me it does not matter if anyone reads them. He spoke to my heart," I have read your heart and I read your blogs, so keep writing. One day they will be read by more than you realize."

It is amazing how the enemy will try to veil the creativity that God puts within you. Because you are made in His image, you are a creator. Everyone has a God given ability to create. I have heard so many people say, "Well, I am not creative." That is a deceitful lie. You are creative and you just need to find your room. There is something waiting to burst out of you and it may be something you never knew was there.

Now if you start to express your creativity, get ready to be mocked by someone. Creativity is one important tool that God uses to draw people into His light. The enemy does not want your light to shine through any avenue of beauty or creativity. Just recently someone insinuated to me that I spend all my time on the computer. "You have 9 children. How do you find the time?"

At first I took that and examined it. Is that true Lord? Am I spending more time on the computer than I should?" I never sensed any conviction. However, this is what I heard in the corners of my heart. " You have something to give others, so keep giving it."

Friends, if you do not give what God put within you, then someone is gonna miss out.
I had been feeling discouraged over the blogging and other things I felt the Lord put in my heart. I asked the Lord to just be with me and talk to me about it.

Then yesterday, I received a package in the mail from my childhood friend who lives in California. It was a pretty envelope with hearts all over it. I felt like that package was from God Himself and it was. Inside was a big thick magazine that was more like a book. The title read, "Artful Blogging." Within the pages are beautiful blogs with photos and inspiring ideas for bloggers. I knew that not only was my friend encouraging me, but the Lord was telling me that He does not want me to stop writing or blogging.

With so much filth and negativity on the Internet, I feel privileged to have a "room" on the wide expanse of the net to spread some good cheer, some encouragement and even just some struggles about everyday living. If someone finds this shallow, then that is their opinion. There are more opinions on the Internet than ever. So why not find some little spot to spread some goodness and hope?

Now in spilling all of this out, this year I covenant with the Lord, to love more deeply even by the things I write. Loving more deeply means trusting more. Not necessarily people, but trusting in the Lord to enable me to share my heart more openly. To be more vulnerable and lift veils that have been draped over my heart by opinions and criticisms.

This is not because I want to draw attention to myself, but because my heart is that others will find life, hope, and joy, in the everyday details of life. And that those who are struggling will see and know they are not alone. The door of my heart is open and may God be glorified in my little room of blogging.

Check back soon because I am going to write about a tender place in my heart and why God is taking me through it. You are welcome to leave me a comment. It sure does lift my heart to get one. May we all endeavor to spread life and love through giving of ourselves more freely this year...in words of hope, life, and encouragement.

Morning Bagel: You are here to be a light, bringing out the God colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light bearers, you don't think I am going to hide you under a bucket do you? I am putting you on a light stand-SHINE!!Keep open house!Be generous with your lives.By opening up to others you will prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in Heaven. Matthew 5: 14-16

Daily Hug: Dear Lord I give you my hugs today because You are always giving me daddy hugs! How I love you and worship you this day. Without you I have no life, no hope. I have and am nothing without You. Thank you for the light of of Your life that glows within me. I can freely shine because it is not my glory to boast of, but it is You. Remove veils Lord that I have placed over myself. Strip away coverings that I have allowed others to throw over me with negative words and innuendos. Forgive me for allowing that to happen. I stand open before you God and give my heart to You again. Shine through my life, through my heart, and may the result be Your love filling the hearts of others. My house and my little room is open. May Your love be spread in my little corner of the world so that others will truly know You. In Jesus Name, Amen

2 comments:

kblair said...

Your blogs are fabulous dahling...fabulous!!!!

I love seeing your family in the pictures also.

Unknown said...

Keep Blogging. I am blessed by it.