Monday, April 6, 2009

A Woman of Lists



It is another sunny beautiful morning in Arizona! The week ahead holds many things that need to be accomplished. So I am making a list. I do not make lists everyday. However, if I know that I have a lot to accomplish outside of my normal day to day tasks, I will make one. Next week, we have more family coming in for a visit. My oldest son who lives in GA will be flying in with my husband's sister and her family. I have not seen Bradley since Christmas. The photo above was taken Christmas morning. I cannot wait to see him and give him a big hug!

I am looking forward to having company. Friends are very few since we have been here, so I welcome all visitors! The family will be arriving next Tuesday so I have been thinking of something yummy to make this week that I can freeze. I have about decided on chicken enchiladas. I can make large pans full and pull them out to bake. STRESS FREE!!

These are very rich and a bit fattening so I do not make them often. However if you want some comfort food these are a big hit.


Chicken Enchiladas

6-8 cans enchilada sauce (I have used store brands and are just as good)
3-4 cups of cooked shredded chicken breast (prepare a day ahead to save time)
1 small package of cream cheese
1 small container of sour cream (8 oz)
2-4 cups Mexican cheese (grated) We always like extra cheese!
10 enchilada shells (I use the large ones)
2 9x13 pans

Place cooked chicken breasts, enchilada sauce (all but 2 cans), sour cream, and cream cheese into large sauce pan or pot. Heat and stir until all ingredients are blended and heated thoroughly.

Place about 1/4 cup of mixture into center of enchilada shell. Fold over both sides and place seam down into large and lightly greased pan. ( I use disposable pans for freezing.)

Continue assembling enchiladas.Pour any remaining sauce mixture over top with the remaining cans of sauce. Enchiladas should be well covered. Sprinkle Mexican cheese over top and cover with heavy duty foil.

Freeze for several days until company arrives! Pull out of freezer and bake at 350 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until enchiladas are heated through.

Serve with salad, Mexican rice (I use Rice-a-Roni), chips and salsa.

Well I need to get to my list making before the rest of the little ones awake. They are sleeping late this morning! Talk to you later!

No comments: