Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rest in the Moment


Am I doing this? Resting in the moment? To be perfectly honest I am having a bit of a struggle doing that one thing that should seem so simple. My mind is racing ahead to the future. Jesus said,"Do not worry about tomorrow, for today holds enough troubles of its own." However, the uncertainties seem to be overwhelming me lately.

I have been thinking back to when we found out we were expecting our 9th baby. I was so tired and overcome with morning sickness. The laundry room was filled with several mountains of laundry and the heaps continued to grow. One morning I walked in , looked at the masses before me and dropped into the dirty piles of clothes crying out to God for help. It was not a muted cry, but one that the neighbors probably heard if they were out in their yards or walking by.

However, I remember God answered my plea for help in such an extravagant way. I could not even imagine what He had in store. Two sweet Christian ladies were sent from Taiwan at no cost to us, to live with us for two weeks. They caught up our laundry, cooked food, bought groceries and packed boxes as we were getting ready to move.I guess other countries really are sending missionaries the U.S. to show the love of God!

As if that was not wonderful enough, they flew back to the states when the baby was born and stayed with us for a month. They cleaned, cooked, helped with the children and helped take care of me while I was recovering. Whenever I visit the memories of how God so graciously provided for us during that time, I know I can look forward to His provision for this pregnancy and birth also.

In my limited thinking I have been looking at the way things are now...out of order. The bed sheets need changing. The bathrooms need cleaning. Meal time is a struggle. However, I have to believe that God's provision is here. I have been asking for help and my husband and teenagers are doing a lot around here. However, I am concerned about what will happen when I go to the hospital to have the babies. Who will be here when I have to go? What will we do for meals while I am recovering? How will we manage those first weeks of adjusting to twins? How will we do Christmas this year since the babies are due right around the holidays? The questions are endless.

Maybe the Lord has a big surprise for us this time. If He brought wonderful saints from the other side of the world to help us, He surely will provide this time also.
I know He is faithful. Some days I just struggle with what I know to be true and my mind and thoughts take over. I must captivate these worrisome meditations and dwell on what I know to be true. That He is faithful. His grace is sufficient. He cares for me so I can cast my burdens upon Him. That my God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. So how about anyone else out there? Have you struggled lately with worry? And how has God met you in your need? Testimonies sure would help right now as I am once again being challenged to rest in the moment.

Love in Christ,

Ange

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ange,
Thanks so much for your sweet comment.It has been a joy to find some like minded friends here. We seem to have a lot in common. Please know that you are on my prayer list! Expectant Mommies are always on my heart! I know that God is able and he will supply the need. Having a large family can be a bit challenging especially while expecting.You have a beautiful family and I look forward to reading more.

Many Blessings,
Karen

KelliSue Kolz said...

Ange, you can do this.
For example, you can prepare and freeze all of your holiday side dishes, and shop for and wrap your Christmas packages long before November.

Preparation reduces stress, in my experience. It's going to be so fun having twin babies playing with each other. You can do this!
www.kellikolz.blogspot.com
KelliSue from MOMYS

September said...

Ange- I have been thinking a lot about you this week.
I truly understand your heart. Believing and doing are so far apart some days as a mom, escpecially when expecting another and not feeling well.
I will be praying for you and your family. I can't wait to see what big surprises HE has planned for you!

Ange said...

Thank you to my new and sweet friends Karen, KelliSue,and September. I am so blessed that I have friends who are gracious and allow me to be real. Who allow me to be free with my joys as well and my challenges.And for understanding. I cannot tell you how blessed I feel this week to have received your kind words and thoughts! Hugs!!! Ange