Thursday, February 5, 2009

His Ability Enables



I do not know who wrote this quote. However, when I become frustrated because I feel like I am not hearing God's voice I recall this wonderful statement. We can rest and be assured that He will make sure we hear His still small voice. Sometimes I go from one extreme to the other. Busyness crowds my day and I feel frustrated because I "feel" I have not been still enough. On the other hand, I become very still and quiet and I strain to hear Him. But I am reminded each time that it is not my ability to hear that causes Him to speak. It is His tremendous, loving and gracious ability to speak. It is though His ability that we are enabled! Wow! This sure takes some pressure off. And I can be at peace to know that if my thoughts go to Him throughout my day, HE will speak and I will hear.

Morning Bagel: My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

Daily Hug: Father, thank you that You always look to my heart and not my performance. I feel as though I fail You so many times. I get so busy in my day to day tasks. Distractions try to wrestle me. And then when I am still on my bed or I am in my quiet corner, I become dismayed because I want to hear You. But Lord You tell me that I am your lamb and that I will hear you. I will recognize Your voice when You speak. I am so glad it is not all dependant upon me to strive to hear You. It is not my performance and physical posture that causes you to move. It is the posture of my heart bowed before you as I move through the day or rest at night. Thank you God that the pressure is off of me. You gaze at a heart looking to You and You whisper into the deepest chambers even when I do not realize it. Then at the right time, your echos reach me. I am overjoyed. I am grateful. In Jesus Name. Amen

No comments: