Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Birthday!!

We had another birthday in our family this past week. Our son Jamie turned 10!! I wanted to post this earlier. However, we have had sickness going through our house for about 12 days now. I think I was hit the hardest and am just trying to ride this thing out. All of our little boys need haircuts as you can tell by the photo! I am the family barber so...well....it just hasn't happened!

Monday was a rough day because we were trying to be cheerful and to celebrate Jamie's special day! The children all pulled together and helped with the busy work. Jamie and Daniel made the ice cream cake together and they really did a great job! They used sharp knives to cut up all the candy pieces for the ice cream while I rested on the couch! Sigh! I just had to let go and let them do it that day! Thankfully there were no injuries! And they even did a great job cleaning up afterwards! Great job Jamie and Daniel!

Jamie had a great birthday regardless of all the yuckies going through the family. This week I have been reflecting so much on this little guy's life. He is our 5th child. It seems like a lot of people thought we were through having children as our 4th child was a girl after 3 boys. Some people thought, "Well, they finally got their girl!" Needless to say little Jamie was in the plan! How very blessed we are by his sweet, quiet (most of the time) nature! However, he is full of creative juices!

This past year I have been delighted beyond words to watch him grow in his love for reading and writing! Just in the past three weeks, he read the entire Chronicles of Narnia Series and is now working on the Series of Unfortunate Events collection. We bought him the first two of the set and he has already finished them both.

This past summer, he really wanted to write. So I set him up at the computer and let him go with it! It was such a blessing seeing him typing away at 9 years old. I was having so much morning sickness. However,as I have not been up to par, I watch the Lord still training and teaching my children to grow and excel in their creative abilities. I am constantly reminded of Isaiah 54:13. "ALL YOUR CHILDREN SHALL BE TAUGHT BY THE LORD AND GREAT SHALL BE THE PEACE OF YOUR CHILDREN." The Lord showed me this verse when our two oldest children were only 5 and 3!

Jamie has written several wonderful stories. I wonder how he thought of these ideas. He even has his own signature called, "Jamie's Books Incorporated". Since he has been having such a great time writing, this is what I allow him to do.I do not check the grammar because I want him to just let those story ideas flow without interruption. The grammar will come as we continue to do English classes!

I would like to share one of his many stories. It is in raw form so please over look the mistakes to see the imagination peering through! Also, I was thinking it would be neat for Jamie to have his own little blog in which to publish his stories as he writes! Hmmmm!!

Jamie, you are a gift full of gifts. Dad and I are so happy God chose to place you in our family! You are a blessing and will continue to bless others through your writing and creativity as time passes along! Keep it up son! You shine and others will see!

P.S. Jamie put his email address in his story. I am sure he would love to hear from you if you would like to encourage a future crafter growing in the art of story telling.




THE EGG THAT WAS LOST
By jamie cogburn

1. EGG

Once upon a time there was an egg named Egg. It was either that or he was crazy. now egg was inside a little kids bedroom. His name was Harold and he was six years old. He promised to never let him crack .He hugged him softly so he wouldn’t break.And he would hug him everyday. Now this story was about him. this story will be the greatest story ever. Now sit back eat some popcorn and and enjoy THE EGG THAT WAS LOST. If your confused with this story please email me at www.jujeertaj@gmail.com thank you.

2 BREAKFAST!

Harold time for breakfast!
Okay!

He ran down the stairs, grabbed a bowl and some cereal and he ate.

Wait! He said as he was going up the stairs. he grabbed Egg gently and ate with the egg. When he was done he asked his mom if he could have some toast. Why sure she said.

Oh breakfast! The dad said, running down the stairs. "Oh eggs"
He grabbed Egg and said, "Lets cook this up!"

" Daddy no! that’s my egg!"

"Oh yeah, sorry." He handed Egg back down to him and Harold cried, "Never do that again!"

As Harold ate his toast, Egg was just thinking about himself. maybe some day ill be famous and hot! He thought to himself .

3 TIME TO GO TO THE PARK!

Ok guys time to go to the park!, Mom and Dad said. And they said YAY! And they got in the car and Harold got his egg. daddy drove slowly and Harold put Egg in his egg case so he wouldn’t crack.

When they got there they ate first.

"Mommy?"

Yes Harold.

"May I have some grapes?"

"Sure!" she said handing him some. When they were done they went to go play on the playground.
" Come on egg!" Harold said. Mom was reading How to Lose 100 Pounds in One Day when Harold met a boy named Howga.

"What a weird name!" he said! "Lets play!"

Poor Egg was all alone a few hours as the family had left and the boy forgot all about him. suddenly Howga picked him up.

4 NEW OWNER

Hogwa brought Egg home and gave him a bath. ? he said, "you will be mine forever!" WHAA WHAA WHAA!
Egg felt a cold rush go threw his body. He was kind of scared! What would he do to Egg?

Suddenly Hogwa started to scream, "I have a egg!!! I have a egg!! Yes!!! Yes!!".

after that a dog picked Egg up and he cracked and passed out! Howga just laughed ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Strangely enough, Egg woke up inside another egg. It was an empty body egg. Egg thought," I guess I ended up in a different body!

Then Egg noticed someone was holding him up. It was a kid about 7 years old.

"I don’t think I should crack this." he said smiling.


5 TRYING TO FIND THE REAL OWNER

"I feel something inside telling me that you have an owner." the boy said. "I should put signs up.

So he picked up Egg inside the egg and walked to the window.
" Is this where you live?" He asked Egg. Egg shook around back and fourth as if to say yes.

"I'll take that as a yes!"

Once he put up the posters no one found him but the boy would never give up. He would just wait and wait and wait.

WHERE HAROLD WAS

as you already know,Harold was at the beach and he forgot all about Egg. As he went for breakfast the next morning and saw the eggs his mom had cooked, it reminded him about Egg. Harold stood still in shock.

"EGG IS GONE!" He screamed. "HES GONE! HES GONE!" The parents tried to calm him down.

"Don’t worry! Its just an egg. It is probably cracked by now anyway."

"This made Harold scream more and really hard!

" CRACKED! HHES CRACKED!" This thought made him scream in terror. He was about to explode and crack himself. So Harold's parents put him outside. Slowly, he picked up a rock and asked, " you’re my friend right?"

Harold didn’t like the rock so he put it down and sighed
TO BE CONTINUED
DON’T MISS THE OTHER BOOKS BY JAMIE COGBURN THERE REALLY GOOD MAYBE


THE LIFE OF A BOY NAMED GLOW IN THE NEW LIFE. COMING SOON

THE EGG THAT WAS LOST PART 2. COMING SOON

ONCE UPON A TIME IN MY WORLD. COMING SOON














JAMIES BOOKS INC

No comments: