Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Am Giving Away Goodies!


When our family moved to Arizona about a year ago we were depleted, stressed out, and tired. My husband, John had been unemployed for nine months with no severance pay. Two weeks before he was let go, I had endured my second miscarriage in 4 months. We were out of money and almost out of hope. However, it was miraculous how the Lord showed up and brought us through that time.

After the move, I resolved to make life simpler. I felt the Lord said, " Rest and let me recover who you are in Me." I enjoyed just fixing up my house, playing with my children, as well as writing and dreaming. Life became simple again.

In the meantime, something new was happening to me. I pulled out a sketch pad and just started drawing out visions of things I felt and saw within my heart. And after much encouragement from a couple of my artsy friends, I began to experiment with mixed media art which consists of combining a little bit of everything and creating something lovely!


Through this season of growing and discovering something new that I love to do, God has met me and healed me of many hurts. It does sound crazy. However, through sketching and creating, resting and taking better care of my own heart, I have found healing that I really did not realize I needed.. It is amazing that our God is not limited in the way He touches and restores our lives.

Just about a month ago, I felt that I wanted to share my new discoveries by opening up a little blog shop for the upcoming holidays (link is in right hand column). The shop is called, "Home and Heart Art Blog Shop". If you have not seen it, I invite you to check it out as I am giving away a few of my items for free. Please visit me there to find out how you can win free gifts.

It is not always easy to display things to the outside world...especially things that truly came from your heart.It can be disappointing when others do not respond. However, I have decided that if I enjoy doing something, I will move forward with it regardless. God gives all us gifts to share with the world. There is so much ugliness in the age we live and we all need to find that splash of beauty which we all possess and share it with the world. It may not seem like much, but you never know how far a tiny gesture, gift, favor, or craft from the making of your own hands and heart will go.

Thank you for allowing me to share a little bit of my own heart with you.

Sending blessings of hope and encouragement to you all!

Ange

1 comment:

GammySel said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and letting know of your presence. It is always so nice to meet other Angies- especially ones that spell their names so very differently. I am a plain old Angie- not Angela- but as you can see- in life, and person I am far from plain!(haha) I hope we can become fast bloggie friends. May our Lord Jesus bless you and keep you!