Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Household of Faith: Happy Silver Anniversary John

Happy 25th Anniversary John. The last 25 years have felt more like 25 months. I want to thank you for being such a strong pillar for me over the years. And I want the world to know that we are building a household of faith. Even though many seasons have been really tough and our house has been shaken many times, the strong winds have not blown us down. Today I honor you for the wonderful husband and father you are. And I just want to say thank you. May the Lord bless you in incredible ways this coming year. And I hope that we will have at lease 25 more years together. I love you!
Ange
That beautiful day came and went like an ocean breeze. How simple yet special the entire celebration was. I will remember forever. Here I am with my lovely mother before the wedding. I wore her gorgeous wedding gown.


And here you are with you Dad and the pastor right before the wedding.

Daddy and me at the doors of the church. He was getting ready to release me to you. I remember how much he was shaking and I know I saw some tears in his eyes.

Here we are at the alter exchanging our vows. I remember it like it was yesterday!

It is official and we are filled with joy!!

I was only 19 and you were 21. The future seemed bright. Our journey had just begun.

Below is the lovely song you wrote and sang to me on our 10th anniversary. That was three years after we went through a season where we almost did not make it. But with God's grace, we made it to the other side. I will treasure the song forever. Do you remember you sang it to me again on our 11th anniversary?





HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH



And I will never forget our 13th anniversary when we sang this song together after dedicating our little Sara to the Lord. I weep every time I listen to the words.

Here we are at the start committing to each other
By His word and from our hearts
We will be a family in a house that will be a home
And with faith we'll build it strong

Chorus:
We'll build a household of faith
That together we can make
And when the strong winds blow it won't fall down
As one in Him we'll grow and the whole world will know
We are a household of faith

Now to be a family we've got to love each other
At any cost unselfishly
And our home must be a place that fully abounds with grace
A reflection of His face

Chorus

THANK YOU JOHN FOR BEING PATIENT, KIND, LONG SUFFERING,GRACIOUS,FORGIVING, PROTECTIVE,AND PERSEVERING. I TRULY AM BLESSED!

I WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW THAT WE BUILD A HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH.

I LOVE YOU,

ANGE

3 comments:

MapleCottage said...

Happy Anniversary!! 25 years is awesome.. I am looking forward to our 25th next July :) Congratulations on your two little girlies.. Precious! I have twin girls who are now 12 and would LOVE it the Lord would send us another set.. or just one.. Have a wonderful day, Ange!

Karen said...

What a Beautiful Post! Happy 25th Anniversary!

Blessings,
Karen

kblair said...

Happy 25th!!! Love you guys!!!