Saturday, October 10, 2009

Two of My Favorite Blooms!

I woke up this morning to find these two beautiful photos on my computer! It was like I awoke to my life's garden and found two wonderful blooms that have thrived in my life for over 44 years. These blossoms are my precious parents! (Daddy I hope you do not mind me calling you a flower!) I realized this morning that I have not seen my parents in over a year. And I as look at these photos I see a couple whose beauty has only grown with age. Look at them! All I have to say is that I hope I look that good should the Lord see fit to keep me on this earth for 20 plus more years!
Yes, two of my favorite blooms that have been in my garden for all of my life! And I miss them more than I can say.

Many times I did not notice their beauty,
And have taken them for granted.
But as time has passed, they have remained
steadfast and faithful,
Deeply rooted in all they believe.
Loving one another
And those around them
Without broadcasting and announcing
All the gifts they possess and share.
They have given mostly in hidden places.
Where others around them did not see.
They have loved and still love without reservation.
And the vibrancy of their blossoms
bestow joy and lovely hues into
the hearts and lives of those who dwell among them
in the rich and lush soil
of life's lavish bouquets.- Ange Cogburn

I love you Daddy and Momma. I honor you both today and appreciate you more than you know! (especially since I now have teenagers! smile) Thank you for being who you are. May God continue to pour His many blessings upon your lives!! You both are a blessing to many!

With gratefulness,
Ange

3 comments:

kblair said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Ange said...

Thank you for letting us be favorite blossoms in your life, Your Daddy says he doesn't mind being a flower as long as he smells good! We teared up when we read your blog about us - you honored us with your words and you wrote a tribute to us that we will always treasure. I pray as we grow older that we will continue to bloom and set examples for others and always make you desire to have us for blossoms in your garden. Our photographer, Bennie did do a good job with the pictures - maybe we will use the one with Raisin for a Christmas card - good idea!

God has blessed us in so many ways - too many to count - not only our love for each other and our health but also with our family - parents, siblings, children and all of our special grandchildren.- We love each and everyone of you. Ma and Pa

MapleCottage said...

That is so beautiful.. You obviously have precious parents. Hope you are feeling well!