Saturday, October 24, 2009

We had a pretty productive Saturday. The teenage boys took the younger children outside to clean up the yard. Then the older ones mowed, pulled weeds, and trimmed trees and shrubs. Hubby went grocery shopping at two stores. He saved 100 dollars and only spent $100!! YIPEE! Basically, I just delegated and told every else what to do since I am off my feet for the most part. I cut coupons and made lists.

This is one of my favorite cookbooks. As I am writing this, John and the teenagers are making plates for dinner. And we used two crock pots early in the day to save on time and stress.

My 15 year old cooked three pounds of ground beef and put it in one of the crock pots. He added water and 3 packages of taco sauce. It has been simmering all afternoon and the house smells delish!! John is chopping up tomatoes, lettuce and onion for the tacos.

Around 4 o'clock this afternoon my 17 year old son used another crock pot to make this yummy recipe !


Cheese Dip (from the "Fix and Forget It Cookbook")

2 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese softened
3 15 1/2 oz. cans chili (we used Hormel with beans)
2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
tortilla chips

Spread cream cheese in bottom of slow cooker.

Spread chili on top of cream cheese.

Top with shredded cheese.

Cover. Cook on low 1-1/2 hour until cheese is melted. Stir.

Serve with tortilla chips.

YUMMY!

I had a sample earlier and it is so good.

Well...gotta go. The family is waiting on me. There are all at the table and I do not want to miss supper!!!

Talk to you later friends!!


Ange

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is my favorite cookbook also. I actually have 2 different "Fix it and Forget It" Cookbooks. I love using my crockpot. It makes life so much easier to get it prepared in the morning and then it is ready in the evening!

Enjoy your dinner!
Karen

Ange said...

Hey Karen,

Let me know of any recipes from this book that your family really likes!! The dip recipe is on page 12 if you ever want to try it. I could only eat one taco though...I do not have room for much food!

I will have to check out the other book! Hope you and the family had a coolish and fun fall day....it was warm here. Does not feel much like fall!!
(((HUGS)))